Monday, July 2, 2012

Book Buddies

Diamond Gregory

One of the events that my team and I participated in was Book Buddies at the local community library on 72nd & Ellis. The goal of Book Buddies is to build children’s confidence in their reading while allowing them to have fun. The program’s purpose is to build a loyal relationship between the teens and their buddies. My buddy’s name is Jason, he’s 10 years old. He wanted to read a WWE magazine because he loves WWE wrestling. This is something my buddy and I had in common because I absolutely loved WWE wrestling when I was at that age. This commonality made the reading part with my buddy fun and interesting. We read interviews on different wrestling stars, and when WWE wrestling even started. After the reading section Jason and I ate lunch and the rest of the teens and their buddies did too. Then, when lunch part of the day was over we played games. Jason wonted to play Sorry. David, my SSP team leader, and another kid also played with us. Later down the line we switched around and played Sorry with another group of Buddies. In all, this Tuesday was extremely fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment