Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Learning to eat raw and vegan

Sierra James


Week 2 of the Summer Services Partnership went very well. I got the chance to try vegetarian food on both Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday the Whole SSP group went to Soul Veg for lunch and it was a great experience. Although I have  never tried vegetarian food before, it was interesting. YoAnna made some delicious tofu, with barbeque sauce and buffalo sauce. She also made macaroni and cheese, a salad, broccoli, and kale. I thought that the buffalo tofu and ice cream were good. Even though I wont turn into a vegan, I enjoyed the taste of something new. Thursday, at BGabs Goodies (Raw Vegan Restaurant), was disgusting. The burger wasn't made out of meat nor tofu, but nuts and seeds that was deydrated by 115 degrees. Tuesday was one of the best days out of the week. My group volunteered at a soup kitchen, then helped out at a church with kids. At The soup kitchen we prepared and served food to the people. Some were rude, but others for the most part were heart-warming. At the other church we taught kids how to use Microsoft Word and played active games. Playing with the kids were fun, but one girl bullied me. This made me feel less of a person because she was younger than me. Next time, I will just walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment