Monday, July 23, 2012

Devon to India

Olivia Singleton

This week was great. Wednesday was Team Woodlawn's field trip. It was very interesting to see the different Indian things. We talked to Indian immigrants. They explained the many great aspect of their life and why they came to America.  most importantly they came for better opportunities. Later we explored Devon Ave. it was filled with color and culture. The shops we went in, the owners were nice. The shops were filled with saris and jewelry. Leaving the shops, we went to Hema's Kitchen. Arriving I had mixed feelings about eating Indian food. I expected it to be very spicy and gross. As soon as I got my first plate it was shocking to say that I actually liked it.  The naan, chicken, and rice was very good. I very happy that I liked the food. The most anticipated aspect of the day for me was the henna tattoo. I received one and it was so pretty. Visiting Devon Ave, gave me another reason to visit India once I'm older.

No comments:

Post a Comment