Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Superpower: Nurturing healthy relationships

Sierra James



If I had a super power, my power would be to be able to help people with their relationships.  Relationships are what make up the atmosphere and tension in the room.  If you and another person do not get along with one another then it would create an awkward moment or start a fight.  That’s when my super power comes in to help.  My community has lots of violence which is created by how people communicate with one another.  Some people feel disrespected or hurt by things people do.  Gangs fight over respect of people, places, and things.  If someone in a gang feels you disrespected them in any way, then a never ending war is created.  With my super power, I would help them reach an understanding so the violence rate would go down.  

Since my power deals with relationships, I would help the people in my community develop healthy relationships.  Not just with people they know but with people they don’t know.  These are people I believe they have more in common with than they seem to think. People would start coming together to become one and not separate cliques.  Most people stay in different parts of the community and stay away from one another because they don’t know how to develop healthy relationships.  Having healthy relationships in the community gives time to focus on more important things, like bettering the community with jobs, health, housing and entertainment.  Then more people want to come live in Woodlawn.  This would mean a better looking community and more healthy connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment