Sunday, July 29, 2012

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Carl Mangrum


Something that was interesting to me this week was yesterday. Yesterday we did a photo hunt where we had to go looking for items that were on the list. What made it so different was the location: we were in Chinatown. We were there because we had lunch there, which was awesome by the way. After lunch, we began the game.

First thing we did was split up into small groups and went with different members from different neighborhood teams so that the game would be fair for everyone. Fortunately, our team had a slight advantage. David, who is a team leader for Greater Grand Crossing, knew where most of the items on the list were located because he was part of the group that set up the photo hunt. Honestly, it really wasn’t a game to win. It was more of a sightseeing game. I say this because a winner couldn’t even be declared.

If I had to say my favorite moment, it would have to be when Mariah and I were playing playing with all the different kind of swords. That was so amazing. There were big swords, little swords, heavy swords, and light swords. There were even some swords that were different in style. My team was awesome and we just had fun.

My only complaint was the heat but I know that everyone was hot so I just had to suck it up and participate as best as I could. Then again, I really wasn’t complaining all day because GGC gave us these smoothes that were just so tasteful and super good. It kept us cool and refreshed as well. The only thing I had a problem with were the tapioca pearls that were put into the smoothes. Everyone didn’t like them so they spat them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment