Monday, July 23, 2012

Devon Street

Henna Tattoos!

Octavia Griffin



This week the best day was when we went to Devon Street. I feel that was the best day because we experienced a new culture and this is important because the American culture is not the only culture in the United States. First we listened to the lives of Indian females, and we all learned that they all have similar beliefs. In addition, we learned that they broke down India into many different countries by language and culture. After listening to their stories we went in and out of different stores and I learned that they have different foods and fruits they eat such as lychee. Lychee is a fruit that is like a grape, but you have to peel it first. I personally liked the fruit. In addition we ate other things such as there peanuts which had spices in it. The peanuts did not taste like American nuts. After walking around and window shopping we ate at a restaurant called Hema's Kitchen. the food at the restaurant was amazing; other people didn't like it but I did because it was a new experience and I like spicy food. The last adventurous thing we did was get Henna Tattoos. That was a great experience because I never had a fake tattoo before and it was fun getting it with people I enjoy being around.

1 comment: