Sunday, July 29, 2012

Learning to Relax

Aliyah Singleton


This Wednesday was designed by team GGC and based around de-stressing and integrative medicine. It was such a relaxing day in which we started out with yoga and meditation. The yoga was nice, but I didn't enjoy all of it. I did find the breathing techniques relaxing and calming and I believe that I could incorporate those techniques into my daily life. Also, I was excited to receive a new yoga mat. Later in the day we went to Chinatown and ate a very delicious lunch at Joy Yee's. I really enjoyed the chicken and lettuce wraps as the appetizer. After lunch we all had our own smoothies with tapioca pearls at the bottom of the cup. I had a strawberry-banana smoothie with tapioca pearls and the tapioca was disgusting. Rebecca laughed at me because of my very disgusted face and reaction to the tapioca. We also explored the rest of Chinatown during a scavenger hunt. I did not enjoy the scavenger hunt because it was scorchingly hot outside and in each store the owners did not allow pictures to be taken. Overall, the day was fun and I learned about some Chinese culture and relaxation methods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment